Thursday, January 21, 2010

Princes, and how they screamed like little girls in the end.


























Well, I must say... I should never have cleared my recount from last night...

  1. Our tanks have enough gear and do (overall) a pretty darn good job.
  2. Our healers (As I realized last night) are really an amazing team. We had our 1 Disc/1 Holy Priest/2 resto Druids/and ME*.
  3. Our DPS do decently well. But I feel that they are meeting raid reqiurements rather than exceeding them.


This being said-We have some amazing heavy hitters. All our rogues rip and gnaw and claw eachother for being top dogs, while 2 of our DKs hit like mack trucks. Our 3rd DK who raids was what I would have said was underperforming, settling around 5k, and last night was pulling the potential for her gear. I was quite pleased.

I don't expect every single person who is dealing damage to the boss to do 12k dps. (I wish they would though.) I just expect that when you are in 4pc T9 ilevel245 you do >5k. I would garner the expectations (depending on the fight ofc) that they are capable of hitting 7k in really nice conditions.... Enough about this right now though... Because...

LAST NIGHT, the dps cleaned house... AND avoided shit really well. And let me tell you amigo... Princes is make or break with your DPS ultimately. Here is my quick and dirty explanation of what I do in that fight-->

  • Tur bacon's one tank who he will be out of range most of the time (on Mr. Fire Prince.)
  • Tur Heals like a mofo on the Warlock tank (on Mr. Shadow Prince, easily the easiest one to deal with once your warlock goes pro in catching black balls**)
  • Tur Heals like a mofo on the Paladin who he enjoys healing because pally on pally action is hawt... especially with AD! (Tanking Mr. I-like-to-blow-shit-up-Prince)

  • Tur avoids the crazy crap that all three Princes toss out which are...


  • Mr. Fire Prince sends out big ass balls of fire, if they target you, be leet
    and show how well you can kite! This reduces the damage it does when it gets to you, so turn and run like those mages do!!

  • Mr. Shadow Prince makes the big black balls appear. They aren't good for
    you-insofar as your buddy the warlock tank- he needs them for increasing his
    shadow resist so he doesn't take as much damage when Shadow Prince gets all big and angry!
  • Mr. I-like-to-blow-shit-up-Prince decides every once in a while he'll cast
    this big explosion that if you are within 30 yards, you blow up... and so does
    anyone around you... GAH! So I'd just stay far away from him and we'd be
    gravy.



This is Fire, stay out of it!







So, with all this going on, and we have 2 or 3 ranged making sure the prince's balls don't drop (GET IT? BALLS DROPPING?) it seems like quite a bit, but just take it a step at a time and try to control the fight. It's really not that long of a fight in the end.



Couple things that could totally help people out:



In our healer setup we broke out into 2 groups for "general spatial placement" even though through the fight you will end up running everywhere. It helped to spread us out among the raid so all the tanks were getting enough heals, and I suppose the raid as well.


I let our raid leader know an idea might be for the ranged keeping the balls up to each have their own mark and to mark the one they will be responsible for keeping up. That way we aren't having 2 stay on one and 1 falling. Seemed to help keep things more organized.


Your melee need to focus on staying alive. As much as I toted how awesome our damage was, this fight really doesn't show your brute force. If they aren't diligent with the explosion dodging or swapping targets the fight is incredibly harder.


Your warlock needs to be a skilled professional. If he isn't, then you may be better off having a tank just run around doing that job. We tried this a few times and it isn't horrible... It's just a lot easier with a warlock. Threat is an issue with a non-lock. Warlocks are surprisingly resilient in PvP gear and stam trinks+tank setup to spell damage. Kinda awesome.



*This is my favorite setup for 25man. I don't *mind*
squeezing a resto shammy between us, but losing any of us makes me cringe, and taking more heals leads into the raid dps issue...

** Do not mistake with Blue Balls, could cause serious damage to your health and personal well-being.


No comments:

Post a Comment